AIGA OC Design Awards 2015
The OC Design Awards recognize designers, students, companies and organizations that use their creative influence to create a positive impact for our profession in work that appears in Orange County or was made in Orange County.*
How to enter
- Each entry may include up to 5 images of your work
- Prepare your image(s) to fit a 1500×700 pixel canvas at 72 dpi
- Each image should be no larger than 2MB
- Zip up your image(s) and label your entry using the following format: ProjectName_DesignerName.zip
- Important: entries must be zipped.
- Pay for your entry (each entry should be zipped, submitted and paid for separately)
- Repeat this process for each entry
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
1 entry = 1 project. You may include up to 5 images of your project per entry. If you would like to submit your entry into multiple categories, you will need to pay for and submit your entry into each of the categories.
Early bird entries: enter before September 9th and save $10!
|Status Level||Entry Pricing
|Student AIGA member|| Includes 2 free entries
$25 per entry thereafter
|Education Group•||$250 (up to 30 entries)|
*Education Group pricing allows a school or university to represent their current attending students’ work. The students do not need to be AIGA members to qualify. The Education Group opportunity allows the school or university to be recognized as a supporter of design and art. Their logo will displayed on the OC Design Awards website (with a link to their website) and they will be included in a special announcement during the awards event. Additional marketing opportunities are available; please contact us for more information.
All designers and creative professionals, art and design students, educators, and business and/or organizations of design are encouraged to enter. Entrants need not be members of AIGA. All design work entered should focus on the eligible types of work accepted. We are looking for excellent design solutions. The work entered should be made for or in Orange County. Only work produced or published between September 1, 2014 and September 1, 2015 will qualify. All work by professionals must have been printed, published, aired or produced to be eligible. Mailed entries will not be considered.
The 2015 OC Design Awards recognizes designers, students, companies and organizations whose work best represents design excellence in a variety of fields.
This year’s catagories include:
- Advertising – print/publication
- Advertising – video/TV
- Brand Identity (personal or business)
- Environmental Design
- Sustainable Design
- Package Design
- Print Design
- Web Design
- Mobile/UI Design
- Direct Mail
Additional categories may be added later.
Awards given in each of the following categories:
- Individual/sole proprietor
- Most liked on Facebook
- Best in show
Call for entries commences on June 15, 2015 and ends September 15, 2015. Need more information? Contact us.
The Judging Process
Each submission will have an equal chance of winning. Each submission will be judged by a national team of judges on a ten point system using the following five criteria:
- Was the submission produced in Orange County or for a client/cause in Orange County?
- Subject matter/concept. Is it appropriate for the category and does it utilize standard or non-standard uses/forms/techniques to effectively communicate the overall message?
- Effective use of materials
- Overall design aesthetic. Is the submission executed and crafted well from a design and technical standpoint?